Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Yes, I said it!  I said it right out loud...I said Merry Christmas!  When I was little we never thought about whether to say it or not, we just wished everyone a Merry Christmas.  It was a time when we remembered the blessings of Christ's love for us.  The need for a Savior and the provision of One by our Lord.  We celebrated because He LIVED for us!

It wasn't that we were trying to offend anyone!  We weren't trying to make someone elses faith diminish.  We were just rejoicing in our Gift from above.  If someone had a different holiday they celebrated, they didn't get upset; they just said Merry Christmas, then would follow up with we celebrate Hanukkah or something and we'd discuss what they believed and how the rejoiced.

What happened?  What in the world happened?!  Now, it's an offense to say Merry Christmas...Lord Jesus help us all!


Merry Christmas everyone!  May the love and joy of Jesus fill your lives, hearts, and season!

Blessings and love,
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. hmmm.. i didn't know it was offensive to say 'Merry Christmas' or maybe people who don't believe in Christmas here in the Philippines are more tolerant of our custom, lol!

    you may want to check THIS out..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Colleen, I do so love this card and yes I so agree with what you have to say... very true - sadly.
    Although I must admit over here in Oz and I am in the country I say quite happily Happy Christmas and have not been jumped on once and am grateful for that - think in the city things might be different not sure..we Aussies are more laid back but sadly not more spiritual!every blessing of the Christmas season as we celebrate the birth of our Saviour and King, Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete